Do you have an existing piece of copy that’s feeling jaded round the edges? Is it dragging its feet a little? Does it need a bit of help with its personal grooming?
As an experienced copy-editor, I can take your existing material and refine it for you, so that it really starts to pull its weight. I have worked on everything from letters and press releases to major policy papers, to:
- • correct spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors
- • simplify over-complicated text, and rectify ambiguities
- • improve text flow and ease of comprehension
- • eliminate unnecessary jargon
- • check for inaccuracies, inconsistencies and contradictions in the text
- • ensure that ideas flow in a logical manner
- • make sure that copy complies with existing ‘house style’
I also recognise how important it is that a piece of copy looks good on the page. I pay particular attention to layout and formatting, heading styles and fonts, to ensure that these elements work hard for you, rather than against you.
If you have a piece of text that you’re just not happy with, and you’d like me to polish it and add a bit of sparkle, please get in touch – I’d love to hear from you.